TEST YOUR FASHION IQ
(From, The New Yorker, Shouts and Murmurs)
The next great fashion collaboration will be:
- a/ versace and home depot
- b/ balenciaga and carvel
- c/ donna karan and metamucil
If I’m wearing all neutrals how can I add a pop of color?
- a/ stab yourself with a hunting knife
- b/ don’t use a napkin
- c/ stand next to the nanny
It’s permissible to wear a tank top, shorts, and flip-flops to a Broadway show or onto an airplane if:
- a/ everyone else in the world has died
- b/ you’re concealing more than ten kilos of uncut heroin inside your body
- c/ you’re a monkey
What is the difference between a basic and a classic?
- Shut Up.
If I wear the retro-chic “Mad Men” look, what does it say about me?
- a/ I have cable and I shop at Banana Republic
- b/ My wardrobe exists as a meta-commentary, especially my little hat
- c/ I used to dress as a character from Battlestar Galactica